Thursday, October 9, 2014

Meet Marlene and Life with a New Baby

I have not blogged in a long time! I guess that's what happens when you have a new baby :) Sure, some bloggers are awesome about having a baby update on the blog within hours, but that has never been my style. Also, life with a new baby is time consuming! I thought "oh, my baby will sleep all of the time and I will have so much time to blog...". Wrong.

If you would like to meet the little lady that I spend all of my time with, here she is...



Little Miss Marlene Mae was born on August 15th at 1:57pm. She weighed 8 lbs, 7 oz. Eventually, I will post her birth story, because every birth story is amazing, and I would love her share her story with you all. Marlene is named after my two grandmothers, Marlene Rose and Betty Mae. We call her Marlie for short, and we love every second with her. Every moment with this little angel is a gift, and we love her so much!



As of today, she is 7 weeks old, she will be 8 weeks old tomorrow. All of these photos are from her newborn photo shoot with my talented sister, Melissa. She has changed so much, and I can't wait to share more recent photos with you all, but my OCD is making me post pictures in chronological order.


Life with Marlie is incredible. I am breastfeeding, so that comes with its' own set of challenges, but overall it is going well. We have been exploring the world of attachment parenting and baby-wearing and we are having a blast! We spend our days nursing, playing with toys, attempting to do housework (yea right) and running errands. Did you know that going to the grocery store with a newborn takes upwards of two hours? I forgot! My oldest is 13 years old, so it has been a long while since I cared for a newborn baby.

I have always been a working mom, so staying at home with this little beauty is something I am getting used to. I am so lucky to be able to be a stay at home mom to her during this time, I honestly did not think it would be able to happen. We are adjusting to our new schedule and loving life at our own pace.


I hope you enjoyed all of her sweet newborn pics, and be on the look out for more Marlie updates!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...