Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Vintage Comic Book Mail Holder

I went thrifting for a little inspiration this afternoon. I came across an amazing vintage store {I will write a post about this store soon}! I also came across some great finds at my local Goodwill. One of my finds was this little work of art:




















This was $3.00 and in great shape. I'm not really into the fake plant/palm tree picture wall art, so I scrapped the fake leaves and the Styrofoam they came in. I also managed to pop off the back and take out the palm tree picture. This is what I ended up with:














After those fake leaves were removed, I had a nice slot for mail! I wasn't sure If I wanted to paint this or try something else. Then I remembered what I found at that cool vintage store:




















I decided to use the pages from this 1967 comic book to cover my mail holder. This sort of thing isn't everyone's style, but I thought it would be pretty rad.

Supplies:





















I cut out pages to fit the different angles of the mail holder and mod podged them on. This was slightly messy :) I actually got a little sticky trying to smooth out all of my edges. I am pretty happy with the final product!




















I replaced the palm tree pic with a saying I love. And I threw in some bright yellow paper. I hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...