Friday, March 30, 2012

Discovering Chalkboard Paint

This was my first experience with chalkboard paint. Once I worked out a few surface kinks, I loved working with it! I made these framed chalkboards to hang in my hallway:


Supplies: 


  • Picture frame with hard wood backing or thick cardboard backing
  • Chalkboard paint (only about $.99 a bottle at most craft stores)
  • Paintbrush
  • Chalk (duh)

Step 1: Remove the backing from the frame. This will be your actual board to write on.

Step 2: Cover the backing with the chalkboard paint. Let dry.

Step 3: Once dry, pop it back into the frame, condition it by gently rubbing chalk all over it, and begin writing!


This is what the boards were used for later:


My fiance is very sweet...and talented! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...