Friday, March 30, 2012

The Easy DIY Lampshade

I almost threw out this old, cracked white lampshade. Then the idea hit. I had been on a modge podge craze, and I figured, "why not the lamp shade?" I ran into a small problem. I was fresh out of scrapbook paper. No worries! I googled some vintage patterns, printed them out on my printer, cut them into squares and there you have it: A Re-Vamped Lampshade!



Supplies:


  • Old Lampshade
  • Pattern paper cut into squares (about 4 sheets worth, depending on your shade size)
  • Modge Podge
  • Paint Brush


Step 1: Cut your patterned paper into small squares.

Step 2: Paint the a square of the lampshade with modge podge. 

Step 3: Stick one of your paper squares on the shade and paint over it with modge podge.

Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3 until shade is covered. 

Super easy! Enjoy your new lampshade!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...