Sunday, May 13, 2012

Jewelry Box Makeover

I got this beauty at the thrift store for $1 (yes Mom, when you read this, you will know I spent a whole dollar on your Mother's Day gift!)


























I wanted to give this more of a "shabby chic" feel and less of an "80's gold" feel.

Step 1: I painted the whole box with latex primer. I left the rose in tact, I wanted to leave a little bit of the vintage feel.

Step 2: When the primer dried, I painted over it with white acrylic paint.

Step 3: I even painted the glass because I knew I wanted to do a scrap paper mosaic over it. I cut up some pattered scrap paper and modge podged it on there.

Step 4: I hot glued some scrap fabric into the drawers to freshen it up and give the box a better look.

Step 5: I added a handle to the drawer above the rose. I used epoxy to hold it on there.

Step 6: I added some red accent color to the drawer knobs.

ALL DONE!

{what you can't see is the personalized message I wrote to my mom and modge podged to the top of the box, I thought it added something special}

Here's the finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...