Monday, June 18, 2012

Lace me up: Hanger Cover

I was laying in bed last night thinking about a craft fair in October (c-r-a-z-y). Which led me to the thought that I don't have any pretty hangers to display the vintage clothes I am putting up for sale. And the hanger cover was born. This is incredibly simple and I plan to try this with other fabrics. The lace is pretty, but it may have a cleaner look with a different fabric (or seamstress...lol)




Materials:


  • Hanger
  • Fabric (Lace)
  • Scissors
  • Sewing machine
Step 1:

Lay out your fabric and cut out an outline of the hanger. Since I used lace I didn't bother tracing, I just taped the hanger down with masking tape and cut around it. 


Step 2:

Repeat step 1

Step 3: 

Take your 2 pieces and sew the "right sides" together around the edges, leaving the bottom open so you can slide the hanger through. 

Once you have the pieces sewn together, flip them inside out so the "right sides" are showing and slip your hanger in. 

Here it is: (Yes, very out of place, but I love the outdoor lighting)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...